The Express Label Review is $390.00 AUD per product label.
It comes with a complementary 30 minute consulting session (valued at $90.00 AUD).
This is perfect for you if you’ve drafted your Australian cosmetics label and would like a second opinion or final edit. You’re not sure if your label is compliant or whether the information contained on your label is complete.
The review is undertaken by assessing your proposed print-ready pdf file for your label and carton. It does not include a review of any supporting documentation, nor does it include any government database checks.
Payment Terms: Upfront, before review commences.
Estimated Completion Time: 5 business days from receipt of signed Client Agreement, payment and print-ready pdf file.
You will receive a report which outlines the items that are compliant and non-compliant, easy ways to fix the non-compliant items and recommendations to improve your label quality.
- Back to top -
What review covers
Review covers the following text on your print-ready pdf label and carton files (if used):
- Business/Brand Name is displayed on front panel.
- Product Name is a suitable product identity statement and displayed on front panel.
- Correct unit of measurement used and displayed on front panel.
- Correct English or International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) name used for each ingredient.
- Clear product description outlining who it is for and its intended use.
- Benefits/claims in line with definition of cosmetics.
- Clear directions of use in line with product purpose.
- Clear storage conditions in line with product type and packaging used.
- Warnings/Precautions in line with product purpose and product description (who it is for).
- Name and physical address of packer or the name on whose behalf it was packed.
- Expiry Date listed.
Review does NOT cover:
- Australian or international trade mark applications or searches for Business/Brand Name.
- Domain name or Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) checks.
- Australian or international trade mark applications or searches for Product Name.
- Measuring character height, size and spacing of measurement marking.
- Review of Australian Inventory of Chemical Substances to confirm permitted use of ingredient and whether they are subject to prohibited or restricted use.
- National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme (NICNAS) registration, notification, permit or exemption applications.
- Review of performance/efficacy protocols or test results.
- Review of any supplier documentation.
- Review of any text book or scientific literature used to support your claims.
- Review of safety and stability testing protocols or results.
- Review of suitability of packaging and dispensing system.
- Review of Standard for the Uniform Scheduling of Medicines and Poisons (SUSMP).
- Back to top -
How to get started
1. Before starting, I recommend checking the NICNAS definition of cosmetics to confirm that your products align with these guidelines. Also, have a look at what the Express Label Review does and doesn't cover.
2. To get started, please send an email to: info(at)geraldinepierreskincare(dot)com with the following:
a. Copy of print-ready pdf file for your label and carton (if used)
b. Product launch timeline
c. Business name
e. Billing address
3. I then send you a Client Agreement and invoice.
4. Upon receipt of the signed Client Agreement and payment (Express Label Reviews are paid upfront) I commence the review of your label which takes approximately 5 business days.
5. You receive a report of the review. I use a 'traffic light system' to assess the degree to which you've met the Australian regulations (e.g. green = compliant, yellow = needs review or more information, red = non-compliant) offer tips for how the regulations can be met and how to improve your label quality.
6. Once you've read the report, assess how comfortable you are with making the changes. I'm happy to answer any questions you have via email.
You can book your complementary consulting session (valued at $90.00 AUD) at any time during the review.
- Back to top -
Working with Geraldine was the best decision I made. If I'd known about her months ago, I would have had some free weekends rather than trawling websites and trying to figure it all out myself. Launching a skincare business entails so much more than just fantastic and effective formulations – from branding and creating smashing websites, to packaging and legal obligations, we learn to wear many hats. With strict and often not straightforward rules and regulations from how Australian cosmetic ingredients must be listed, to words that are acceptable for a cosmetic claim, Geraldine's Express Label Review service was one of the smartest inclusions we made when it came to our investment on packaging. Geraldine was a delight to work with and she gave us peace of mind before investing thousands of dollars on branding and bottling, and potentially making a mistake that winds up being costly due to the packaging being useless. Highly recommended. I'll be sending her more labels to review and really wish I'd known about her months ago!
Tanya Joslin, owner of Indagare Natural Beauty
We looked at all these various regulations regarding cosmetic labels and thought we were following regulations, but never realised we have to also look at the standard product label regulations. They should really explain all this better and make it clearer as I am sure many don't know about this and just follow what they read on the cosmetic regulations website. That's why it's so great to have people like you to decipher it all. Geraldine, you are the labelling guru and I could not think of anyone else to ask about my cosmetic labels. You did such an amazing job at looking at our labels. The reports were just phenomenal. You are fantastic.
Abby Hatami, co-owner of Meenoo Organics
- Back to top -